Have been one of those days.
But not one of those days. Oh, (Dinosaur) Lordy, no.
So let me recap – as best I can even recall:
- I signed up with Reddit in preparation for my AMA tomorrow, July 7th, at 10:00 AM MST.
- Saw a raft of Tweets and Facebook posts expressing joy and excitement at the arrival of The Dinosaur Knights.
- Learned that The Dinosaur Knights has just been released on Audible. read by the excellent Noah Michael Levine, who also narrated The Dinosaur Lords audiobook. (That was fast!)
- Received the contracts for the story I just sold George R. R. Martin for one of an upcoming trilogy of Wild Cards anthologies! (What do you reckon we talked about Monday, eh?)
- Saw a fabulous sketch by illustrator Joe Stansbury of Karyl riding Shiraa, leading his war-Triceratops into the River Hassling at the Battle of Gunters Moll, from the very beginning of The Dinosaur Lords.
- And – Oh. Em Gee! – just now discovered Publishers Weekly’s review of DinoKnights from freaking May! Which isn’t starred or anything, but any damn review ends with: “Those waiting for George R.R. Martin’s next book may find a new favorite in this explosive saga of brutal warfare and mythology come to life” I WILL DEFINITELY TAKE!!1!
- And, oh, yes – have continued busily writing on a little thing I like to call Book III of the Dinosaur Lords Trilogy, The Dinosaur Princess. That, too.
I … think that’s it? So far?
Yes. That’s the kind of day it’s been.
A couple weeks ago I got the answer to whether I’d be all jaded about the arrival of DinoKnights in actual hardcover. Click the link for the answer – or just use your imagination.
So after all the hype and excitement from last year’s release of DinoLords, I was wondering if I’d get as wound up about the sequel dropping – even without a big Worldwide Launch Party like last year's. (Didn't get an invite this time 'round, was too busy writing to set anything up. And I'm fine with that.) And the answer, apparently!
If anything I may be feeling a little more hyper. I get the sense – which I hope is not pure wishful thinking - that we may be leveling up here.
So. Gotta get back to, you know, writing the third book.
Thank you all, my beloved and loyal Dinosaur Army, for all the love and support you’ve given me and my crazy little knights-riding-dinosaurs project over the years. There’s no way I could have done it without you.
And as always – thanks for reading!